We’re updating our User Privacy Notice to reflect changes we’ve made to strengthen your privacy rights. This is part of our ongoing commitment to be transparent about how we use your data and keep it safe. We have included changes to address the new standards introduced by the European data protection law known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. Personal information" is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that Inc. has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
We collect, process and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, update or add information to your account, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
The personal information we collect includes the following:
- Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us
- Information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction-based content that you generate or that is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction
- Postage, billing and other information used to purchase an item, as well as, where postal services are provided, information required to clear customs and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates)
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history and your web log information
2. Personal information we collect using cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies
Personal information from other sources
We may supplement the information we collect with information from third parties and add it to your account information. For example, we may collect and use demographic information that is publicly available or additional contact information.
We may allow you to share information with social media sites
If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with their explicit and prior consent. You have to inform them how we collect, use, disclose and retain their personal information according to our Privacy Notice.
3. Use and Retention
We use the personal information we collect to: provide and improve our Services, to provide you with a personalized experience on our sites (especially, by offering you services and items that you may like), to contact you about your account and our Services, to provide you customer service, to provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities. We may use and retain your personal information as follows:
Provide, improve and personalize our Services
- Provide access to and use of our Services.
- Offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like.
- Keep track of your basket, your Watch List and your collections
- Give you access to your purchase history, internal messages and other features
- Customize, measure and improve our Services
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
- We may use geo-location information to provide you with location based services (such as advertising, search results and other personalized content)
Contact you to provide you customer service
Contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute or to provide you customer service
Personalize our advertising and marketing communications
Personalize, measure and improve our advertising based on your advertising customization preferences
Contact you, either via email in order to: offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions and inform you about our Services. We will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by email, SMS text and/or telephone if you have consented to such contact.
Deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
You have a choice about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the link in the email you received, change your Preferences within your account or tell us your communication preferences within the direct communication from us.
If you do not wish to received personalized advertising, you can opt out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement. The effect will be to stop personalized advertising, but it will still allow the collection of information for certain purposes such as usage, research, analytics and internal online services operation purposes. We do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes.
When you sign in to your account on our Services, we may give you the option to stay signed in to your account for a certain period of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you not to choose to stay signed in. You or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed in period without any further authorization. T
If you attempt to change your password or update any other account information or attempt other account activity beyond those listed above, you will be asked to enter your password.
You can typically end your signed in session by either signing out and/or clearing your cookies. If you are using a public or shared computer you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using our Services in order to protect your account and your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to other members of our company or to third parties. We minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. As stated above, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties and for the following purposes:
- provide joint content and services (such as registration, transactions and customer support)
- provide you personalized advertising
- will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have consented to receive such communications from them
Service Providers and financial institution partners
Third party service providers who help us to provide our Services, payment processing services, assist us in providing customized advertising, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our User Agreement, fraud and/or security breaches and other business operations
Other aakasha users as authorized by you or your use of our Services.
Data disclosure to PayPal Inc. and its corporate family
- to facilitate the processing of payment cards when you pay within our Services with a payment card and we use PayPal to process your payment
- to facilitate shipping and related services for purchases you made using PayPal
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres and information access authorization controls. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us at [email protected]
Questions or Complaints
If you have a question or a complaint about this Privacy Notice, our global privacy standards or our information handling practices, you can reach us at [email protected]
This page was last updated on 19 May 2018.
Request for correction of personal data